Wednesday 3 March 2010

Essay and spelling!

Spelin Speellling Spelling is neccesary neccessary necessary I tink!


Essays.... It seems that, after nearly four years, college have found me out!  My sin is that I can't spell.  Even with the wonders of spell check it seems that I make these fatal errors.  I must point out that I can't seem to spell check my blog so I can only apologise for any mistakes!  Whilst I appreciate spelling is important for an academic essay it is not the be all and end all to life.  God spoke to me recently through my daily notes...



'We decided to retell the story about a newly hired traveling salesman who sent his first sales report to the head office, because its truth is timeless.  When the report reached tehm they were stunned.  the new salesman wrote, "I seen this outfit which ain't never bot nuthin from us and I sole them a lotta goods.  No I'm going to Chicawgo."  Before the sales manager could fire him, along came a second report.  "I come to Chicawgo and sole them over a millyun."  Fearful if he fired the salesman and concerned if he didn't, the sales manager dumped the problem into the lap of the company president.  The following morning the sales department was amazed to see a memo from the president posted on the bulletin board beside the salesman's two letters.  It said, "We ben spending two much time tryin to spel and not enuf tryin to sel.  Let's watch those sails.  I want everybody should read these two letters from Gooch, who is on the rode doin a grate job for us, and you should go out and do like he dun."  Degrees and titles are fine things, but armed with intuition and initiative, plus Gos's help, you are qualified!'   

The Word For Today, UCB, Westport Road, Stoke-On-Trent, ST6 4JF  ucb@ucb.co.uk  Free issues of this devotional are available by contacting UCB directly.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!