Monday 1 November 2010

Crossing the line

I'm back!  Sorry I've been gone for a while but life has got in the way of blogging.  Something to do with living in Gloucestershire and pastoring a church in Burton Upon Trent and the 105 miles in between.  

I ventured into Derby for the first time the other week and made the mistake of parking in a 'car park' in Crompton Street only to be clamped for 'being over the designated bay'.  I dispute this as only one tyre was on the white line.  As as certain tennis player would say, 'You cannot be serious... the ball was on the line!'   Here is the picture to prove it.... and a cartoon that caught my eye from asboJesus that seemed to strike a chord.  Lol (laugh out loud).  http://asbojesus.wordpress.com.
















The line was crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Just be glad you aren't in Glasgow the parking wardens here are VICIOUS... they check the spaces outside church up to midnight every day to make sure no-one is in a resident bay that shouldn't be. And we can't even get a space for church use because we don't live in the building... There is a ritual of circling the premises at least three times in the hope a space becomes free before giving up and parking half a mile away....

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I can avoid Derby. I guess you have no choice with your parking.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!