Monday 24 March 2014

Lent 2014 - 24th March: Prayer


Today's simple pleasure is prayer. Some people get hung up on what words to use to pray, many dislike praying out loud. Prayer is simply talking to God. He doesn't expect us to use fancy long words only to be honest with how we are feeling. I have times when I stop and pray, such as before I go to sleep at night, but most of my prayer is on the go. Something comes into my mind and I have a conversation with God about it. If I'm annoyed, or angry, or sad, or happy I pray, wherever I am. Prayer is one of the simple pleasures of my faith.

Is there something you need to pray about? 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't simplicity a wonderful thing ?

    Isn't it amazing how we mess something so simple up !

    Brilliant - thanks Jo

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!