Saturday 29 March 2014

Lent 2014 - 29th March: Time

Sorry there was no blog yesterday. I did write one but it's slightly differnt from those I have been posting during Lent and I want to give myself a little more time to ponder before posting. 



Time is our simple pleasure to reflect upon today. In the UK the clocks spring forward one hour tomorrow marking the beginning of British summer-time. Summer-time what happened to Spring? We can become very complacent with time. We scurry along at such a pace we miss the moment. We fail to enjoying the here and now. (This is some of what I was writing about yesterday.) When we are young we want to be older. When we are older we hanker after our youth. 

Time is precious. Life is precious. You are precious. Hmmm maybe I am sounding a bit like Gollum from Lord of the Rings talking about 'my precious' as he rubs his hands and stares at his beloved gold ring. I mislaid my wedding ring yesterday and felt a little bit like Gollum when I put it back on my finger where it belongs. Time is more precious than gold. Whilst a gold band can symbolize our love for each other it is the time spent together that really matters. So what are you going to do with your time this week? Revel in the moment and give thanks for the here and now. If you have a special someone tell them you love them whilst there is still time to do so.


1 comment:

  1. Amen - We can't increase our allotted time on planet earth - it is precious and it is finite - let us pass the time that we have well

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!