Tuesday 15 April 2014

Lent 2014 - 14th April: social media

Today's simple pleasure is that of social media. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with Facebook and much prefer Twitter. To me Twitter is much more about networking and outward looking compared to Facebook that seems to be so inward looking and navel gazing. I like being able to communicate through social media and connect with people I wouldn't normally see on a day to day basis. The downside of it is that we can fail to give those we live and care about our fully attention because we are endlessly tapping on our tablets, computers or phones. Sorry John. 

I enjoy social media it is a pleasure (*waves) but it will never substitute real life contact. Virtual hugs are OK but they are just not the same as the real thing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!