Saturday 5 April 2014

Lent 2014 - 5th April: humour


Today's simple pleasure is humour. I like to laugh. I don't like to take life too seriously. It's easy to get caught in the spiral of negativity and to forget that life is for living. My humour can get me in to trouble sometimes. I guess what one person finds funny someone else finds offensive. I love situation humour but dislike jokes. It is normally the visual things or silly childish things that make me chuckle. John and I went to the butchers today to buy a leg of lamb. (It tasted fantastic by the way.) we always end up giggling whenever we go there. It's not what is said but what is unsaid. Something about the way the three butchers never really talk to one another and are so serious. An old lady wished them a merry Christmas, obviously at Christmas, and had to say it three times before getting a response. Anyone would think they were androids by their apparent lack of emotion. Actually, one is slightly more human than the others. They must wonder why we are always giggling. As my husband said today, it would be a good basis of a sitcom. Maybe I should write that one. As with all good visual humour you have to be there and see it for yourself. 

I hope today has been a blessed day for you filled with at least some humour. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!