Thursday 10 April 2014

Lent 2014 - 9th April: the sun



The sun has got its hat on
Hip Hip Hip Hooray
The sun has got its hat on
And he’s coming out today
 
Now everybody’s happy
Hip Hip Hip Hooray
The sun has got its hat on
And he’s coming out to play

Today's simple pleasure is the sun. These lyrics by Noël Gay and Ralph Butler were part of my childhood. A song I use to sing along to with my mum as she was doing the ironing. The song was on a tape, remember those, called Honkie Tonk Hits 1 & 2 I seem to recall.

Nothing like a bit of sun to make you feel good. Anyway, that's enough from me or I will be singing some of the Beach Boys' songs next.  Simple pleasures - always the best. I'm thankful for the sun and even more for God's son - just incase you forgot it's coming up to Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!