Wednesday 24 February 2016

Photo every day, Lent 2016: covenant


I have been on a ministers retreat and thinking about today's theme of 'covenant'. My covenant with God is to live out the call he has placed on my heart as well as I am able. I feel inadequate at times but it's not about me and what I do. It shouldn't be about relying on me but about relying on God. Here is a poem that materialised today...

To serve you

To serve you
Isn't easy
yet here I am 
With open heart 
and hands outstretched 
To meet you
To greet the stranger
To love the outcast
To worship you in essence.
To say here I am
Send me.

To serve you
With every ounce of me.
All that I am
And meant to be.
I listen for instruction
But sometimes you say,
'Just simply be,
Stop, 
Relax
Breathe deeply
Lean on me.'

To serve
I need to observe
The season of change
The call of your Word
That disturbs the tranquility
In silent humility
I offer myself
Once more to your call
I listen some more
Then you whisper to me
'Just walk through the door.'

Copyright revdjo 24/2/16













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Open to all but please don't be rude!